Saturday, January 7, 2012

Colorful Ripple Afghan

This is project 2 of 2012....


My first ripple afghan ever! I have tried many times before to make one of these, but something never worked out and I got discouraged, so of course I quit. I probably ripped out 100's of yards of yarn trying to get one these babies made. I finally found a pattern that made sense to me.

If you like to crochet, and you love color, you MUST check out Attic 24! This blog is a crafters paradise. I LOVE visiting here, there are so many wonderful ideas, and pictures and her house is to die for! I can't say enough about it! Anyway, her pattern is written in UK terminology, so you'll have to convert it to US. But that's easy, her tr stitch is our dc. That's all!

So here's the pattern: Neat Ripple Pattern

And here's mine about 1/3 done.


Choosing the colors for this was extremely random. I have another afghan that I have been working on for the last few years and I decided that I needed more yarn for that one. It's a Granny Square afghan and I basically had been using up scraps from various projects I have done. Well I needed a wider variety of colors, so I went shopping. These are the colors I chose, but when I got home, I decided I should make something with them and use the scraps for the Granny Square one and not the skeins, thus the ripple afghan began.

No comments:

Post a Comment