Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Favorite Yarns

As I was wandering around the interwebs tonight I started to wonder what my favorite crocheters favorite yarns were. I know a couple, but thought it would be neat to know more. Well, I figured I should share my favorites with you just in case you're wondering the same thing.

First, I love Vanna's Choice for the price and the softness. I do wish these yards were offered in brighter more fun colors, but the muted shades have their appeal too.

Just found this one, Loops and Threads -  Impeccable. This one is just like Vanna's Choice, but it's a Michaels exclusive. The best part about this yarn is at times you can get it for $2 a skein and the solid color skeins are 4.5 oz or 268 yards! That's a nice size!

Another new one for me was the Red Heart Soft. I really, really dislike (ok maybe even hate) the regular Red Heart yarn. So I was skeptical about trying another Red Heart product. But the color won me over and I caved. I bought a skein of Teal and I really like it. It has a subtle sheen to it, but it's not so much so that it looks odd against other non-sheeny yarns. I LOVE the no dye lot aspect of this, seeing as I hardly even use a pattern and just buy yarn as I go. Would love a better selection of colors though.

Loops and Threads also makes a thick yard called Charisma. It is SO soft and works up beautifully. I made a hat and a neck warmer with it for the winter. It's so snuggly against my skin.

I also use cotton yarn for my kitchen stuff as well as bags. I like the cotton because it doesn't stretch like the Acrylic does. I use Sugar n Cream usually but I found a Bernat cotton that I really like as well.

I'm thinking about heading over to Hobby Lobby this week (it's pretty far) and grabbing some of their I Love This Yarn - acrylic for an afghan for K's room. My Mom used it for a blanket for a friend of mine and seemed to like it, so I'm gonna give it a go.

I'll post more as I discover different ones. Don't expect me to be trying any Yak or Alpaca or such, it's just not in the budget right now. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment