Sunday, January 8, 2012

Kitchen Crochet

I bought this cotton yarn a couple years ago because it matches the colors in my kitchen perfectly. So far I have made 2 potholders, a handle cozy for my cast iron skillet and today I made a hot pad. I used the same flower pattern that Lucy used over at Attic 24, but I only made mine 9 rounds. I will make this again with soft yarn for a pillow just like she made. It's SO cute! So anyway, here are some pictures of the various kitchen things :) I still have plenty of yarn left over, so you know there will be more to come!

Here's the pattern for the flower. Remember, it's in UK terminology, so change the tr's to dc's if you're in the US.
There's no pattern for the handle cozy. I just kinda made it. I started with a magic circle and went round from there. I love having this for my cast iron skillet, I don't have to worry about accidentally grabbing the handle and burning myself anymore.

And lastly my potholder. Again no pattern, just chained as big as I wanted it across and then made some front post dc in every other dc. This gives it a nice ribbed design, but it also gives the pot holder some grip too. I did that until it was roughly square, then dc the rest of the way. I then doubled it over and did a sc border all the way around.

It's all pretty easy and everything matches :) That makes me happy. Now if they would only add orange to the yarn I'd be thrilled!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment