Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tea Wreath


So I was wandering around Pinterest and I came across this idea for a Tea Wreath. Well I knew I had a house warming party to go to today, so I figured this would make a wonderful gift.

I traced a dinner plate on to a piece of thin cardboard (it was a mailing envelope) and used a smaller dish for the middle circle.

Then I cut that out and covered it with scrapbook paper. I folded the extra paper around the edges and glued them down, this made a nice clean edge. I added a ribbon to the back as a hanger.

After that I cut another circle out of cardstock so the back looks clean too.

Next comes the fun part... I found a bunch of different scrapbook papers that matched my background paper and cut strips from them and then cut those the size of the clothespins. I used my Xyron to add adhesive to the strips, then adhered them to the clothes pins.

I used red liner tape to adhere the clothes pins to the wreath. Then I gathered 16 types of tea bags and clipped them onto the clothes pins.

The whole project from start to finish probably took about an hour. The hardest part for me was locating my red liner tape ;)

Now when my friend has people over she can display different kinds of tea for them to choose from. I plan on making one for myself too.

I happen to have a DCWV stack that matches my kitchen perfectly, so I'm going to use that for mine. I also saw that Michael's has some really pretty patterned clothes pins in their Dollar spot right now, those would eliminate a step and be very pretty too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment